Saturday, June 29, 2013

Graduate School Stole My Life

I feel like a fog has been lifted.

For the last two years, I've been in a graduate program at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver, and I'm realizing that I have a family and friends and hobbies that don't involve researching and writing long papers.  I graduated June 7th with a M.A. in International Development and a concentration in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security.  My time at Korbel was valuable, and I recommend the program to anyone interested in pursuing a career in international development.

Most importantly, I immersed myself in issues I care about and found other people who care as deeply about  finding solutions to absolute poverty, food insecurity, inequality of access to public goods like health care or education, and the list goes on.  I primarily focused my studies on international agricultural trade, U.S. agricultural policy, agricultural development in Africa, WTO agricultural trade policies, and agricultural policy at the national-level in several sub-Saharan African countries.  I also had the distinct pleasure to intern with an organization called The World Food Prize, an experience which further cemented my resolve to combat hunger at home and abroad.

My goal is to use this space as a place to talk about food issues, both in the United States and abroad, so be on the lookout for posts in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment